Hyperdrive
Musk Undercuts Tesla Chargers That Biden Lauded as ‘a Big Deal’
- White House was counting on company to support EV initiatives
- Tesla CEO confirms the company will slow network expansion
Elon Musk has upended a deal the White House saluted early last year to open Tesla Inc.’s electric-vehicle chargers to other automakers, dealing a blow to President Joe Biden’s EV agenda.
Musk decided in the last week to eliminate almost the entire Supercharger team at Tesla, a person familiar with the matter told Bloomberg News on Tuesday. The CEO hasn’t publicly confirmed the move or offered a rationale, but has said the company will slow the expansion of its charging network.